September 2010 Archives

Structured Fanciful

| No Comments | No TrackBacks

I have been a fan of trying to define myself for years. I so closely identified with my ISTJ-ness (Meyer-Briggs) that I created a blog version of the test (bloginality). It just makes me feel more firm in myself when I understand ME.

I don't know why I was surprised when Tara made the suggestion to me that defining myself would help my business. (Seriously, her ideastorming *is* magic, if you need some help, she's your girl!) Idea being, if I knew more about myself, I could sell to my Right People better.

Enter the book Style Statement: Live by Your Own Design. After reading through the text portion of the book, I spent the last week just going over the worksheets and writing in my little black composition book every evening. When the questions got hard to answer, I set it down and waited until I was inspired again. I wrote a lot of words that I associated with myself.

In the end, I came up with a result that resonates with me, and gives me a style to enhance how I already dress, communicate, and express my personality and my business.

Structured Fanciful

That means that 80% of my personality follows the guiding principle of Structured, and the other 20% (or creative portion) of my personality is Fanciful.

Structured was really a no brainer, once I saw the word and the synonyms, it captured my orderly-ness, my love for architectural elements that are lined up, and my need to have lists that follow the pattern of the previous lists.

Fanciful was a little harder. My tagline of "giggly geeky girl" had me wanting to capture the girly-ness but without calling myself Feminine (which has a lot of nurturing associated with it) or Romantic (true, but not quite encapsulating it all) or Designed (which seems to imply fashionable and trendy, where I have my own flow). Once I saw the word Fanciful and looked it up in the thesaurus, it fit.

What will I do with this information? It will be my guiding principle when creating for the kadyellebee shop... but I think I've already followed this look without knowing it! Just embracing it seems so natural now, making lists with curlies in the sidebar (and using words like "sidebar" :wink: ) are ME, and making it my standard is okay.

Give yourself a moment to consider what your guiding principle is. Trust me, it's a fun ride!

Vox is no more...

| No Comments | No TrackBacks
It was sad to see the news today: Vox is closing September 30, 2010.  I used Vox as my primary blog for almost 3 years, managing my moblogging and media consumption.  Plus, I worked for Six Apart during the time Vox was launching and growing.

I'm moving my posts and photos over to my old TypePad blog: kdlb-pad.  This way, I have all those archives somewhere.

I still must figure out what to do with my media tracking - I loved that about Vox, having date-managed Books, Movies, and Music.  I'm using Goodreads now for my books, but I never pulled in any of the Vox stuff.

bye-bye, Vox, I'll miss you.



kristine

...at a glance

kristine is a giggly geeky crafty girl, growing in faith and hope.

Circus Animal Cheesecake
Pop! Heroes: DC Bombshells W2 The powerful ladies of DC are coming together foranother wave of DC Bombshells Pop! vinyl!These pinup-inspired DC Bombshells guard the homefrontduring World War II, and this time they’re bringingin some new reinforcements.The newest wave includes vigilante baseball star Batwoman,the plant-controlling Poison Ivy, the high-flying Hawkgirl,stealthy and agile Catwoman, and the Kryptonian Supergirl. Look for the Catwoman chase, featured in purple!A rarity of 1-in-6. C...
Observations From a Part-Time Wheelchair User
Paralyzing Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction (PTTD) - Flat feet leaving you flat? Could be PTTD!
kristine queued Pavement by Veera Välimäki
kristine commented on SquibStitcher's You Have Failed This City
kristine favorited Happily Sweater by Katy Banks


About this Archive

This page is an archive of entries from September 2010 listed from newest to oldest.

« August 2010 is the previous archive.

» October 2010 is the next archive.

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.


buy handmade items on the kadyellebee etsy shop and keep up on facebook.