Creating a birthday playlist is always a fun part of celebrating. We turn it on during my birthday extravaganza, where we go out driving to various stores and restaurants. It's had the same two songs to start with for a while, amping me up as we leave, and it gets me excited and happy.
I pick songs that I love and new songs and songs that have captured my attention in the previous year. This year, Hamilton and Gilmore Girls and Nashville all were big influences to me, so they are represented. It was Buffy's 20th Anniversary just lately, so there's a few OMWF musical tracks. I got some great geeky bands here at the end of the list. I also try to make it not too heavy on songs that E doesn't like, so the less-country sounding songs from Nashville, and not too much of any one artist.
It was a good mix!
- Ready to Go (US Mix), Republica, 1996
- Are You Happy Now?, Michelle Branch, 2003
- Let Me Go, Avril Lavigne feat. Chad Kroeger, 2013
- Hopeless Romantic, Michelle Branch, 2017
- All of Me (feat. Clare Bowen & Sam Palladio), Nashville Cast, 2017
- Leave the Pieces, The Wreckers, 2006