The last six weeks, I've been posting about my home remodelarama, what I'm cheerfully tagging it when I make instagram posts. You can see Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3, Phase 4, Phase 5, and Phase 6 for the before and progress photos and info.
|PHASE 7: panorama of living room, dining room, and kitchen|
The construction phase is complete!
Last week, I wrote about home renovations, phase 1. Let's see where we've come.
Much work went into the flooring over the course of the week. The entire downstairs is completely done with the that! The old trim has been nailed back up as well. Many of the big dings and problems in the walls have been patched. and more!
Let me take you on a little tour. I live in a condo with my husband, for the last 11+ years. When faced with the choice between buying something that suited us better or staying here a little while longer, we choose to hang on here and make some changes we could enjoy for the next few years that would also improve resalability.
Primary thing that has been bothersome the entire 11 years is a countertop dividing the kitchen from the dining room. One of the two drawers wouldn't open due to the refrigerator, and one of the cabinets was super deep and that made it super hard to get things out of it! Plus, a large stain on the carpet has always had to be covered because the previous owner couldn't get it out (and an additional stain from spilling coffee since!)
I responded to a topic on Carla's blog and then worked it out into a guest post for her site this week.
|documenting my life in many ways!|
one of my favorite quotes: (if I do say so myself!)
And it's what I can, when I can, in its own way, because those long hours I spent blogging aren't as realistic for me as they were when I was less active from my fibromyalgia! capture the moments I CAN to document what I CAN!
Blogging for me is definitely about documenting, and that means more than this one place on the Internet, it's everywhere I share my life. It's not the same as it was in 2000 when I started. but ya know, I am not the same either!
Check out the post, leave a comment for Carla and about how blogging has shifted for YOU!
Every year, I like to go on a drive with shopping on my birthday. This year, illness struck our house at just the wrong time and it got postponed. So I'm finally getting ready to go again and had to set up my playlist to go along with. My bday mixes generally take some of my favorites and a few extra tracks I buy from my wishlist.
I had been meaning to get The Doubleclick's previous album I didn't have. They are such a fun duo, from Portland and I've seen them 3 times now in person. So Lasers and Feelings was added to the mix, and I put the other songs I have in the list in case we ended up with extra time, as sometimes happens when we get in traffic! I've just kickstarted'd their next one, President Snake, so I'll be continuing to enjoy their new silly geeky fun songs in the near future.
- 1 - Ready to Go (US Mix) - Republica
- 2 - Are You Happy Now? - Michelle Branch
- 3 - Cherry Lips - Garbage. originally from the Krissy birthday mix from my dear friend Rina.
- 4 - Fighter - Christina Aguilera
- 5 - I Knew You Were Trouble - Taylor Swift
- 6 - Loud Music - Michelle Branch. NEW! - a Michelle song I didn't have? sweet!
- 7 - Let Me Go - Avril Lavigne feat. Chad Kroeger
- 8 - There for You - Flyleaf. NEW!
- 9 - This is How It Goes - Aimee Mann
- 10 - Breathe (2 AM) - Anna Nalick
- 11 - Tomorrow Is Gonna Be Better - Joshua Radin
- 12 - Hello Seattle (Remix) - Owl City
- 13 - In My Veins (feat. Erin McCarley) - Andrew Belle
- 14 - A Drop In the Ocean - Ron Pope. NEW! originally heard on Vampire Diaries
- 15 - Come Back Down (feat. Sara Bareilles) - Greg Laswell
- 16 - Possession - Sarah McLachlan
- 17 - You Killed Romeo (feat. Steve Burton) - Jonathan Jackson + Enation. NEW! Steve wrote this, and it's been on my radar for a while.
- 18 - Somebody Help Me (Theme from "Tru Calling") - Full Blown Rose
- 19 - What You Don't Know - Jonatha Brooke
- 20 - Miss Invisible - Marié Digby. NEW!
- 21 - Gone Away - Lucy Schwartz
- 22 - Life in Letters - Lucy Schwartz. NEW!
- 23 - Beauty In Walking Away - Marié Digby
- 24 - Fire - Ingrid Michaelson
- 25 - Love Beside Me - Sarah McLachlan
- 26 - Into the Fire - Thirteen Senses. NEW!
- 27 - Down - Mat Kearney. NEW!
a few more posts...
- Christmas Music, Dec 10 2014: I've been a collector of Christmas albums over the year. I have a special affinity for Christian Christmas albums that feature my favorite artists or a good combination of traditional and original songs. Here is my current list in case......
- TV season 2015-2015, Sep 19 2014: My TV grid is a wee little grid this year. so much that it's just a mini post-it rather than a digital plan or a grand list. I've been making TV posts for years though, and so I wanted......
- are you Vivid and Brave?, Mar 25 2014: do you live in a way that people see you as VIVID & BRAVE? Do you have a spirit of being true to yourself that shines out in your confidence?I'm participating in Vivid & Brave's coaching group to help......
- knitting, January/February 2014, Feb 18 2014: What have I been knitting on lately? I had several deadlines to knit for over the holiday season, and so it was a joy to get back to knitting what I enjoyed. In December, I cast on several things that......
- stylista, jan 2014, Jan 19 2014: My wardrobe has changed an awful lot since last year at this time. Like almost entirely because of the difference in size. So I'm learning how to purchase pieces that can mix and match more easily. I have a limited......
- kristine rock, Jan 13 2014: When me and my siblings were little, we would often drive to the beach. I wasn't a big fan of the long 2 1/2 drive on curvy car-sick-causing road with my many siblings, or getting sandy on the beach......
- minor girly dubstep, Nov 24 2013: I am generally a slow adopter when it comes to music. But when something resonates with me, I love finding similar artists and songs to add to my life. Sometimes, this exploration comes through pandora suggesting songs to me,......
- fit kristine: 4 thoughts and a link, Nov 13 2013: I've been thinking about being fit and exercise. Here are 4 things in my brain: I have historically had a hard time with consistency in my workout. My illnesses, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome, kind dictated that. There were months......
- meals in review, week of 09/30 and 10/7, Oct 15 2013: The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of getting ready for family to visit and not feeling well at the same time, and so I got a little behind on my documenting. I'm catching up with two weeks worth......
- back to basics: GHG, exercise, and goal recap., Oct 1 2013: In September, I participated in the Back to Basics challenge (#wwbtb). I started by making goals, and followed up after that with improving spaces, then talked about the importance of tracking. This post will serve as a look at......
- September knitting, Sep 25 2013: Last month, I wrote a spotlight on all the WIPs, FOs, and KALs I was knitting on. I enjoyed that little idea so much that I've been brewing a new update for you all. KEY:FOFinished ObjectWIPWork in ProgressKALKnit A Longqueuelist......
- meals in review, week of 09/16/2013, Sep 23 2013: This last week was a little less creative, as I battled an upset tummy, but I was craving fruits and veggies for comfort, so that was a bonus. What did YOU eat that you really loved last week? as......
- back to basics: tracking and week 2, Sep 17 2013: In September, I am participating in the Back to Basics challenge (#wwbtb). I started by making goals, and followed up after that with improving spaces. For this last week, the challenge was to do some tracking. Brooke introduced this tracking......
- meals in review, week of 09/09/2013, Sep 15 2013: Another happy healthy week on the record books :) Did you eat anything you truly loved this week? Monday, 9/9: Roasted Parsnip soup, take 2. A nice thick lightly garlicky soup with a touch of souvenir cheese and......
- dreams in necklace form..., Sep 12 2013: this is a story about wearing my heart on my sleeve... original set I love having a story for the things I'm wearing, especially my jewelry. So when I saw a jewelry designer, Bama+Ry, was going to be bringing......
- back to basics: spaces and week 1 , Sep 10 2013: Last week, I wrote a post about the Back to Basics challenge (#wwbtb) and listed out some of my current goals. First up, the challenge for this week was Improving Spaces, making areas of my home better able to......
- meals in review, week of 9/02/2013, Sep 9 2013: Getting back in the habit of writing my review of the previous week's meals :) I tried some new delicious flavors this week, made over an old favorite recipe, and ate healthy when we went out. I'm proud of myself!......
- TV season 2013-2014, Sep 8 2013: It's September, friends, what does that mean? Time to look at the new fall tv premeires and pick what shows I want to pay attention to! I admittedly have watched less lately (my TiVo feels neglected) and need to fix......
- back to basics challenge, Sep 4 2013: I feel blessed to have online friends who are healthful in many areas of my life. I was inspired by Brooke and Emily of who started a September challenge to get Back to Basics, with topics and challenges to revive......
- now listening: podcasts, Aug 21 2013: When I was first starting on my knitting journey (fall of 2006!), I found a few podcasts. I was already pretty much of a big geek, and this seemed like a fun way to enjoy my new-found hobby by......
welcome to the kadyellebee.com network of sites.
...at a glance
kristine is a giggly geeky crafty girl, growing in faith and hope.
- kadyellebee@bggrecent boardgamegeek playing
- played Race for the Galaxy with 2 players at home 01/14.
- played Race for the Galaxy with 2 players at home 01/14.
- played Firefly: The Game with 2 players at home 01/14.
- played The Castles of Burgundy with 2 players at home 01/08.
- played The Manhattan Project: Energy Empire with 2 players at home 01/02.
- kdlb@instagramphoto blogging
- kristine@ravelryfiber-y goodness
buy handmade items on the kadyellebee etsy shop and keep up on facebook.